24 Jan Top 10 Things We Learned at NFI in 2020
Posted at 13:39h in Bristol News
The National Fisheries Institute held its annual conference in Orlando. We made a picture book of the top ten things we learned while we were there.
Key takeaways include:
- Global pork is in big trouble
- Cod is in more places and moving up-market
- Haddock isn’t just for New England anymore
- US scallop landings will decline and sizes will get smaller
- Most restaurant food is consumed at home
- Frozen seafood is holding its own, and in some cases, making a resurgence
- The midatlantic eats more seafood than any other region
- Plant-based burgers are still a niche, despite the media attention
- The Southeast eats a lot more shrimp than any other region
- Twenty different restaurant chains launched lobster rolls last year
- … and as a bonus #11, did you know iguanas fall from trees when temperatures drop?