18 Feb Top 10 Things We Learned at NFI in 2018
The National Fisheries Institute held its annual conference in Miami. We made a picture book of the top ten things we learned while we were there.
Key takeaways were:
- Scallop landings are projected to exceed 60m pounds for the first time since 2006, and much of the growth will be on big sizes
- Haddock consumption grew in all nine geographical regions of the US, with seven out of nine growing double digits.
- In the big mussel-consuming countries (Spain, Denmark, Belgium France) people eat 26x more mussels than we do in the US
- Every region of the US saw seafood consumption grow, except West North Central
- The big buzzwords were “stories”, “online”, “convenience” and “meal kits”
- Alligator meat is a byproduct of farms that exist to make leather
We have more info in the slides that follow and would be glad to discuss this further should you have any questions.
Thank you for your support.